One month TODAY, I will be landing in Santiago, Chile!! I have enjoyed, for the most part, my time in China but I am SO excited to be heading to the southern hemisphere and a brand new continent!
My South American journey has many places to see, and things to do. I cannot wait to get started on this next chapter of my life!! Here are just a few things I want to see and do!
1. The Atacama desert – I have been doing research about the desert, and this is something I cannot miss while in Chile!! San Pedro de Atacama looks so charming, and there are reasonably priced tours to go and observe the stars, and be mesmerized by the sky. I cannot wait to be there!!
2. Eat empanadas from a street vendor in Santiago – there are many street markets in Santiago, and I want to see everything, and inhale all the delicious smells of Chile, and enjoy a freshly made empanada.
3. Enjoy Chilean wine – I am not a big wine drinker but I do know that Chile has some of the best wine in the world, and I am going to try it while I am there.
4. Valparaiso and Vina del Mar – these ocean cities are a bus ride away from Santiago. I want to be by the ocean, enjoy fresh seafood, and take a walk on the beach.
5. Ride a bike through the countryside of Chile, near the Andes.
There are so many things I want to do and to see in my life. These are just a few that I know I can accomplish this year. Any suggestions of other things I shouldn’t miss?